So there have been a lot of new Nicky interviews lately, but it’s always nice to have interviewers spice things up a bit and ask random/different questions! Check these out:
1. In five words, how does it feel to be representing Ireland in the Eurovision?
Excited, proud, nervous, pressured and honoured.
2. What is your favourite Eurovision song ever, and why?
What a tough question! I love the big ones for Ireland, ‘Hold me now’ and ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Kids’. I do like ‘New Tomorrow’, the Danish entry from 2011 sung by Friend From London.
3. What is your favourite Westlife song ever, and why?
Again tough to pick one. ‘Flying Without Wings’ will be eternally remembered as a great song, but my overall fave is World of Our Own. Back in 2002 even lads stopped us in the street to say: “that’s a half decent song that ‘World of Yisserr Owen’. It always filled dancefloors at parties, and still does.
4. Who do you think is your biggest competition in this year’s Eurovision?
Well the favourite in the bookies is France, and it’s very good. But I like Spain and Malta.
5. Who would your ideal Eurovision supergroup include?
Great question! I’ve decided to form a boyband and it would consist of: The main man – Johnny Logan; second lead singer – Robbie Williams; the one that only gets to do lead vocals every fifth track, but is great to have in there for press – David ‘The Hoff’ Hasslehoff; the one everyone wants to be – Brad Pitt; and the goodlooking one who doesn’t sing – David Beckham. This supergroup would be unstoppable, now to find the right song!
6. Australia in the Eurovision. Discuss.
I like the idea of Oz being involved. They have watched for years and the country is full of Irish and British fans, as well as Europeans. I’d say we are slowly moving towards a World Vision Song Contest in the future!
7. Name five people, alive or dead, you’d love to have at a dinner party.
My Dad, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Roy Keane and Erika Eleniak.
8. Who would play you in the Hollywood movie of your life, and what would it be called?
Leonardo Di Caprio stars in Doing The Business.
9. If the world were ending tomorrow, what would you do today?
I’m on a plane at the minute so I’d land, I’d book a flight and go home to the family. I’d get a smoked haddock from Beshoff’s or Burdock’s, with mushy peas and loadsa salt ‘n’ vinegar. And sure if it the world was really ending, I’d go with curry sauce and onion rings too. With a Coca Cola.
10. The meaning of life according to Nicky.
I read somewhere once that life has a sting in the tail. We spend so long worrying about what we should do rather than doing it, and while we are pondering life, it jumps up bites us in the ass and we’re gone, well before we’re ready. It’s short, so go out there and dance!